Virtual proctoring is available at no charge to all students enrolled in TN eCampus courses.
Virtual proctoring gives students flexibility in exam location by connecting to a live proctor via a webcam and computer.
Because of social distancing, many on-ground testing centers cannot accommodate students for in-person testing at this time. TN eCampus strongly encourages the use of virtual proctoring, when proctoring is required. TN eCampus faculty are aware of the virtual proctoring resources available to their class. If you have questions about scheduling a virtual proctoring appointment or testing procedures in general, consult with your instructor.
Getting Started is easy! Simply follow these steps.
- Before your exam, please confirm you meet the virtual proctoring technical requirements.
- Google Chrome is the preferred browser. Mozilla Firefox is a good alternative, bu the system check may reject Firefox under certain browser settings. Other browsers are not recommended. Disable popup blockers.
- Run the Computer Requirements Check at least a day before the exam appointment.
- Equipment: Desktop or laptop. Chromebook computer (tablets and smartphones are not supported) with the following built-in or external resources:
- Internet: An upload and download speed of 2Mbps minimum
Contact your instructor if you need assistance acquiring a webcam.
- Login into your Brightspace course and choose the Virtual Proctor link. The proctoring dashboard will open. Choose My Profile to Create a Profile. Follow the prompts to create profile.
- Choose Schedule an Exam from the same dashboard. Set a date and time convenient to you.
- On the day of your exam, choose Start Exam about 15 minutes before your exam start time. This step begins the identification verification process. Show your government issued ID or passport and confirm the personal information and security questions you provided to create your profile. Your exam will start when you complete the verification.
Additional Keys to a Successful Exam Day
- Be connected to a power source
- Be alone in room
- Have a clear desk and workspace
- Be prepared to perform a room scan
- Your mobile phone and headphones must be out of reach
- Be in the webcam view throughout the exam
Help and Support
If you need help creating a profile or have trouble with an exam, contact the virtual tutoring support team at 855-392-6489 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.